Parents are always welcome
We cannot overstate the role of parents in supporting their children and in supporting the school. An effective partnership with parents is encouraged at all times and parents are always welcome to make arrangements to meet the class teacher or principal.
We involve and inform the parents through:
- Informal chats
- This website
- Seesaw - children share their learning experiences through this app
- Supporting Families Through Learning Project
- Coleraine Education Community Project
- Parent curriculum training sessions
- PTA meetings/fundraising activities
- School and class letters
- Regular school and class assemblies
- School concerts
- Patrental interviews
- Curricular help / school visits
- Questionnaires - feedback encouraged
- Parent representatives on Board of Governors
- Our education community worker
- Providing accredited courses
- Exercise sessions and pamper evenings!
- Parent Groups
We feel homework is a means of helping to raise pupil achievement and of enabling the school to offer some pastoral support beyond the school day. It can often reinforce concepts the children are learning in school. It provides a means for pupils to develop good study habits and encourages then to become independent learners. We are involved in programmes such as Coleraine Education Community Project and Supporting Families Through Learning which enables us to provide training to parents to help you best support your child's learning in school. Parents are encouraged to use our website e.g. to listen to Jolly Phonics sounds to learn with their children, leaflets are distributed annually to inform parents how to help with e.g.guided reading. Fun activities are provided regularly for parents and children share together!